Courtesy of George Washington
In George Orwell’s novel 1984, the country of Oceania has been in a war against Eurasia for years.
Oceania suddenly switches sides, naming Eastasia as its enemy and making its mortal enemy, Eurasia, its new ally.
The government uses propaganda to convince people that, “We’ve always been at war with Eastasia”. The dumbed-down public doesn’t even notice that they’ve switches sides, and blindly rallies around Eurasia as its perennial friend and ally.
The same thing is happening in real life with Al Qaeda.
Western governments and mainstream media have admitted that Al Qaeda is fighting against the secular Syrian government, and that the West is supporting the Syrian opposition … which is helping Al Qaeda.
The U.S. also funds terrorist groups within Iran.
Of course, Al Qaeda was blamed for 9/11, and the entire decades-long “War on Terror” was premised on rooting out Al Qaeda and related groups.
So the fact that we now consider Al Qaeda fighters to be allies in any way, shape or form is positively Orwellian.
Of course, as Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser admitted on CNN, we organized and supported Bin Laden and the other originators of “Al Qaeda” in the 1970s to fight the Soviets. (he also told the Senate in 2007 that the war on terror is “a mythical historical narrative”. )
As professor of strategy at the Naval War College and former National Security Agency intelligence analyst and counterintelligence officer John R. Schindler documents, the U.S. supported Bin Laden and other Al Qaeda terrorists in Bosnia.
But obviously we lost control and they turned against us … and then took us years to hunt down and kill Bin Laden.
- The CIA commander in charge of the capture of Bin Laden during the invasion of Afghanistan said that the U.S. let Bin Laden escape from Afghanistan
- A retired Colonel and Fox News military analyst said:
“We know, with a 70 percent level of certainty — which is huge in the world of intelligence — that in August of 2007, bin Laden was in a convoy headed south from Tora Bora. We had his butt, on camera, on satellite. We were listening to his conversations. We had the world’s best hunters/killers — Seal Team 6 — nearby. We had the world class Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) coordinating with the CIA and other agencies. We had unmanned drones overhead with missiles on their wings; we had the best Air Force on the planet, begging to drop one on the terrorist. We had him in our sights; we had done it ….Unbelievably, and in my opinion, criminally, we did not kill Usama bin Laden.”
- French soldiers insist that they easily could have captured or killed Bin Laden, but that the American commanders stopped them
- A United States Congressman claims that the Bush administration intentionally let Bin Laden escape in order to justify the Iraq war
The shenanigans started even before 9/11:
- The Congressional Joint Inquiry into 9/11 discovered that an FBI informant had hosted and rented a room to two hijackers in 2000 and that, when the Inquiry sought to interview the informant, the FBI refused outright, and then hid him in an unknown location, and that a high-level FBI official stated these blocking maneuvers were undertaken under orders from the White House (confirmed here by the Co-Chair of the Joint Inquiry and former Head of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Bob Graham; and see this Newsweek article).
- Attacks on the Twin Towers with planes were foreseen for years, but the U.S. did nothing to stop them.
- The government not only listened in on Bin Laden’s calls, they also heard the hijackers’ plans from their own mouths.
- A high-level military intelligence officer says that his unit – tasked with tracking Bin Laden prior to 9/11 – was pulled off the task, and their warnings that the World Trade Center and Pentagon were being targeted were ignored
- Several key employees for the defense department say that the government covered up their testimony about tracking Mohammed Atta before 9/11
- A key Al Qaeda trainer actually worked with the Green Berets and the CIA and was an FBI informant
- The CIA may have helped many of the 9/11 hijackers get their visas to the U.S.
- According to one of the most reputable French papers, CIA agents met with Bin Laden two months before 9/11, when he was already wanted for the bombing of the U.S.S. Cole
- Sibel Edmonds – former FBI translator, who the Department of Justice’s Inspector General and several senators have called extremely credible – alleges that Osama Bin Laden worked for the U.S. right up until 9/11, and that that fact is being covered up because the US outsourced terror operations to al Qaeda and the Taliban for many years
We’ve always been at war with Eastasia …